If there is one thing that prevents people from trying online gambling, it is the fear of cyber crimes and thefts. However, just like traditional casinos, online gaming sites are stringent when it comes to security measures. Most popular online betting sites and casinos make sure that their players and systems are protected against hackers and other Internet criminals. But since the lack of security and safety is no longer a big issue, many people will realize that online gaming has a lot of attractions and advantages. Below are just some of them.Multitasking is something that you cannot do in conventional casinos in Las Vegas and other gambling locations. You cannot be playing poker and at the same time try your luck in the slot machines. But online, you can play several games simultaneously. In fact, you can even play while working in your home or watching television. Work at home moms who want to have a break from a grueling day can even play online poker or cyber slot machines anytime. In fact, even seniors who want to have a hobby can also participate in online games and sports betting.Ease of payment is another reason why online gambling is becoming more popular. Aside from making it easier for customers to pay their bets online, operators of gaming and sports betting sites have also made it easy for winners to claim prizes and collect money. More often than not, a credit card is just what you need in order to participate in online casinos. If you do not like to use your credit card, there are other online money transfer options that make Internet gambling safer. You have a lot of choices on how you can claim your prizes online. Some prefer to have their winnings credited to their credit cards, while others prefer money transfers. Whatever payment mode you choose, it will surely be a lot easier and more convenient than going to the bank or collecting your winnings in person.Lastly, your anonymity and privacy are protected in online gambling. Although there are VIP rooms in conventional casinos and gaming stations where you can have your privacy, you can never be completely anonymous in a crowded casino or poker room. However, in online casinos, you do not need to let any player know your real name or identity.
If you are new to the world of sports online gambling you may find it easy to become overwhelmed. All professional gamblers were in your shoes at one time or another. Without proper guidance the fact of the matter is you will not consistently win your bets. The good news is there are many resources that can help you achieve the know how required to make a successful living off of sports online gambling. Here are 5 tips to get you started.1. Learn the basics. If you don’t know the difference between a point spread and a parlay you may have some trouble breaking into this world. There is a ton of info online aimed at beginners to get them started. Take advantage of this.2. Gamble responsibly. The advent of online gambling has also lead to an increase in gambling addiction. Until you have a very solid system in place, remember why you started doing this in the first place, to have fun.3. Develop or obtain a system. Every professional gambler uses a system. The key to any good system is maximizing wins and minimizing losses. It may take years to develop a good system yourself, but many pros have already done the work for you and are willing to sell you their system. Often times, buying these are well worth it when you consider the price is what you would spend on a few bets.4. Bet with your head, not with your heart. One of the biggest mistakes made over and over again by newcomers to sports online gambling is betting on favorite teams, or a team they saw put a great performance in, on television the week before. One way to combat this is to just not bet when your team is playing if you have a hard time betting against them.5. Make friends. Many types of gambling take place in public settings with many other people around. Casinos, horse tracks, these places give you instant camaraderie with like minded souls. When it comes to sports online gambling you are often alone. Reach out to other people with similar hobbies, whether it be in real life or through online forums. Not only will you learn a lot but it will help to have someone who understands when you take a tough loss, or better when you land a huge win.
Money management is an important aspect of online gambling. Since, there are innumerable risks involved in the field of casino gambling, one needs to be careful. In fact, it has emerged as one of the most bantered term in this domain. Moreover, without money, no matter how indomitable the player is, he does not stand a chance. But then, managing money over here is not that easy as it sounds. One needs to have* Strategy
* Self controlThe term “money management” has different interpretations for different gamblers. For some, it means the bankroll management for increasing one’s longevity at the table but for others, it’s a certain kind of betting strategy which decreases the edge of house advantage. Numerous books and articles for casino games have been inked for this subject. But most of the times, all of them reveal the same theories and tactics. At times, for those players who are about to set their first foot forward, these articles act as warnings rather than guides. So, here is a very fundamental revelation of the need of money management and the tricks to adopt for it. Need of money management”Who cares?” Even those who are filthy rich cannot afford to think so, in terms of online gambling, which has mercilessly devastated thousand of gamblers. No doubt, online gambling is an addiction, but at the same time, intelligence and wise betting aid in extra income.Unlike lottery, no one transforms into a millionaire within a single night, at online gambling. It’s more similar to stock exchange and sports betting. Luck cannot be the only aid to depend upon. Moreover, defeating the housing advantage is quite tricky. After all, in online gambling there are no opponents who can be scrutinized, followed and tricked. Every game is a new challenge. Ignorance and lack of proper money management have led to stupendous failures for outstanding gamblers. For those, who had adopted online gambling as their only profession, this failure has doomed them to utmost degree of bankruptcy. Generally, gamblers donot indentify the grave consequences, which occur after the incessant losses.Gamblers might not win a losing bet by having more money but they definitely can play for longer bets, thereby compensating their earlier loses. With money, the online gamblers also have the sense of security and thus, they can delve into more risk cycles.But before starting with any online casino game, the gamblers should know the following answers.* The amount that can be spent before calling off the game: The gamblers should only bet as much as they can afford to lose. It takes only a second to transform into a panicked gambler, who is engrossed in recouping losses by taking wild odds.
* The amount that can be accepted before calling off the game: Logging off from the casino site as a winner, too, demands self control. One has to be reasonable enough to prevent oneself from further paroxysms of temptations.This is the most basic fundamental of money management. Until and unless, these two basic judgments are not made by the gambler, in advance, he might end up losing all his financial assets. Understanding constancy of house edgeThe entire concept that betting system can affect the house advantage is mere fallacy. It’s similar to making the payment of mortgage o double basis rather than per month. This will in no way affect the interest. In the same manner, doubling the amount of a single bet and escaping one bet, might not make a lot of difference. The fundamentals of money managementThe entire aim of money management strategies and techniques is to enhance the earnings of the online casino player. This also works for lessening the house advantage for the online players, without increasing the risk cycles.But at the same time, here are a few facts which justify losses in spite of flawless usage of money management.* The strategy does not make you the indisputable winner of every table or card game. It just maximizes your winnings and reduces your loss.
* Bad play of bad luck cannot be compensated by the usage of flawless management strategies.
* Always remember that the House Advantage has ample strategies to wear out the gamblers who might have been using goal based money management strategies.Some disastrous additions to managing strategies* Double after losing bets: Few casino experts believe that this might, somehow, lessen your losses. But then, if main trouble initiates when the number of lost bets increases. No doubt, such big losses cannot be recovered.
* Double after winning bets: This is also known as let-it-ride technique. This strategy confirms that the biggest loss occurs at player’s highest bet, which indeed is not an intelligent decision.Some important tips for money management are as follows* Do not invest your entire bank roll for just one session of online gambling. It’s advisable to divide one’s bankroll on the basis of gambling sessions. This prevents the obsessive addition of tomorrow’s money into today’s investment.
* The entire winning goal should be set up, as to how much, is the maximum necessity to win in a particular gamble. In case, the player has impressive winning, he should set aside his winnings and divided bankroll for the day, so that maximum earnings can be assured.
* A predetermined percentage for increase should be set in advance for every bet. This strategy is known as method of progressive winning.
* Do not increase the bet amount when one has been recently nabbed with losses.
* Be disciplined. It’s the most crucial and important part of proper money management.
* Select the advantageous gambling opportunities, be it, recognizing the odd bets, playing conditions or game rules.
* Winning streaks do not occur every day. So one should not end the rare magical moment by quitting the hands.The unfortunate sin in Online Gambling, is the aimless pursuit of chasing one’s losses. This baseless hope means that the next bet might lead to the winning streak and the lost money can be recovered in one go. Winning or losing is not in one’s hand, but definitely limiting one’s respective losses is.Most of the online casino players, who have had continuous winning streaks, might ignore the house advantage. This should never be done as it’s a mere disillusion rather than reality.Finally, one needs to realize that there won’t be scarcity of online casinos in the coming future but, if one does not adopt a potential money management practice, there would definitely be scarcity of one’s hard earned money.
The Super Bowl is just days away which means you’re already starting to hear things like “take the points,” “I like the under,” and “always go with the chalk.” For the uninitiated, them ‘re gambling terms. Here’s a quick rundown of things you should know about football gambling and the Super Bowl:Pittsburgh -7: that means Pittsburgh is favored by 7 points. If you bet Pittsburgh, they must win by more than 7. On the flipside, that means Arizona is +7. Bet Arizona and it’s like getting a 7-point lead to start the game. And if the game end 24-17 in favor of Pittsburgh? That’s called a “push,” and everyone gets their original bet back.O/U 46.5: that means the “over” is 46.5 points (also called the “under” or the “total”). If you think the COMBINED score will be more than 46.5 points, you would bet the over. Bet the under is you think the total will be less than 46.5 points. “Juice” on the two types of wagers above is the percentage you pay the casino/bookie/guy down the street, and it’s typically 10%. That means if you bet $110, you will lose $110 or win $100. That’s why gambling is impossible.Most betting on football games is made against the spread (the + or – number) or on the total (over/under), but there are plenty of other ways to wager. The money line is another common wager. In this case, all you need to do is pick the winning team, but you pay a premium for taking the favorite and get paid handsomely for choosing the underdog. If the money line on a game is -320, that means you have to bet $320 just to win $100 on the favored team. The opposite end of that is a “+” number, usually 10, 20, or even many points lower, such as +300. That means betting $100 on the underdog will pay you $300 if they win the game. Since there is no built in “juice” on this type of wager, that 20-point difference between -320 and +300 is how the bookie makes his money.Parlays, teasers, and other wagers are available too, but if you are reading this post because you need an intro to gambling, you don’t need to worry about those just yet. Lose your money slowly before you learn ways to lose it faster.Common gambling terminology:”Take the points” – bet on the underdog.”The chalk” – the favored team (you’ll also hear “give the points” from someone liking the favorite).”The hook” – the half point that cost you a gambling win. When you take the under in Sunday’s game and the final score is 27-20, you can tell people you lost by the hook. Then you’ll receive a fake wince from your friend and a “go get ’em next time” pat on the back.”Props”- propositions, or those goofy bets predominantly found in the Superbowl, like betting on the coin toss, or who will score more – the Cardinals on Sunday or LeBron James in his basketball game on Sunday.
Is gambling really a viable option for those who wish to seek a social outlet? I have worked with many gambling clients and for those women who are over the age of 50, I have a warning for you, be extremely careful. Even though 1-4% of the population are considered compulsive gamblers (addicts), the toll of being addicted to gambling is frightening.Women gamble on an emotional level, if they are feeling excited, depressed, stressed out or lonely. Beware. It is also not a means to build a retirement savings. The house always wins.The effects of gambling can be devastating for women, especially those who are living on their own. I have personally worked with women gamblers who have lost everything in a matter of months, just from playing bingo! So if you think that bingo is a safe and seemingly benign way of passing the time, or socializing, then think again. It is not an acceptable way to deal with loneliness or to meet people. Gambling venues and lottery tickets can be found 24 hours a day and seven days a week. It doesn’t take long to blow through your monthly budget.Did you know that your brain chemicals change when you are gambling? The same brain chemicals are triggered just as if you used drugs or alcohol. This is what gets and keeps people hooked on gambling.There are also all kinds of psychological games that we play with ourselves and others that keep us ‘in the game’. These are called cognitive distortions, magical thinking and reframing. When we lose a game of bingo for example, the gambler starts to reframe the loss as nearly winning, as if they stand a better chance of winning the next time, which is untrue. There is no such thing as a ‘near win’; it is called a ‘loss’. Other gamblers think that they have a system that helps them win. The truth is that there is always an element of chance with any game. You cannot outwit chance. This is a cognitive distortion. Another issue is magical thinking whereas people think that if they bring some sort of good luck charm, or do things in a certain way all the time, or go to a certain machine, or just wish it to be true, that this will improve their chances of winning. It does not!The truth is that older people who are looking for a social activity are being bled dry of their savings and in truth while the ride there and back, as well as lunch, may be a social activity, the act of playing the game, whatever it is, is isolating, even though you are in a large group of people. Stick to outings where you can talk to others and really mingle, dance or exercise!And always remember to keep your face to the sunshine!
While Internet gambling is technically not illegal in the United States (the Wire Act refers only to gambling over the telephone), 70% of the world wide offshore gambling business is attributed to Americans. This is mostly due to the fact that US law imposes restrictions on the income from online casinos. Gains must be declared, while not taking into account any losses made. With this legal restriction, many casinos have decided to pack up and move their business overseas.Offshore Gambling sites are the solution to an international resistance to online gambling. Internet gambling is not legal in some countries, so one solution created by online casinos is to move their businesses overseas to a more sympathetic country. Since their business is conducted online, the physical location of their offices and facilities do not really matter. This is what is known as offshore gambling, and refers to the lack of jurisdiction over these casinos by any particular nation or state.Many Internet casinos and poker rooms are thus evading US law (while still being able to service US clients) by setting up shop in Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, and other more liberal places. The costs involved in transferring to other countries are negated by the fact that the online gambling business is now worth approximately $2.4 billion, and is still growing in popularity.Because of the lucrative nature of this business, most casinos continue to look for loopholes in the laws that countries implement to regulate online gambling. For instance, although the United States has technically banned advertising for online gambling on magazines, television, and the Internet, savvy advertisers have found a way around it. Instead of directly advertising the casino part of their websites, they advertise tutorials on how to play poker (for instance) which uses only play money. But a link to the actual casino would be there somewhere for the gambler to sniff out.But gamblers at these casinos should of course be more wary. Precisely because these offshore gambling sites are ‘offshore’ and thus beyond jurisdiction, the players are not as well-protected as they would be if they were playing in a land-based casino. Because of this, some organizations have been formed to act as watchdogs for these offshore casinos, protecting the players and enforcing some security.
Gambling addiction may seem to be relatively harmless when you compare it with other addictions like drugs or alcohol, but be warned, appearances are deceptive. While the physical signs may not be quite the same, the sad fact is that many people who suffer from a gambling problem often contemplate suicide. Gamblers can dig themselves into a hole so deep that they believe there is no way out–yet they always feel just one big win away from sorting out their financial problems.The real truth about a gambling addiction is that it rarely stands alone. Many gamblers have other addiction problems to deal with–alcohol or tobacco being the most common. Many problem gamblers also suffer from anxiety and depression. Gamblers are, by nature, a secretive group of people, so it is difficult to ascertain how many people in America suffer from a gambling addiction. In fact, people who suffer from gambling addiction rarely admit to any problems until it is too late–heading closer and closer to financial and emotional meltdown while chasing that elusive win which will solve all of their problems.One of the main problems with gambling addiction is sorting out the debts which are left behind. People who are living in recovery after treatment for alcohol addiction, for example, can go out and get a job to return to some sort of normal life, but gamblers who owe twice or even three times their annual income have difficulty and often find living beyond the problem a daunting task. You can learn to live without alcohol and drugs, but you cannot live without money.Family members, and even gamblers themselves, struggle to comprehend that gambling is an addictive behavior. There is such a sense of shame and stigma that surrounds gambling problems, so gambling addicts often feel they have some sort of moral failing. Many even feel such a deep sense of shame and guilt that their partners have no idea that the problem even exists until they open a credit card statement or the credit collection agencies start calling.Help is available, yet many fail to seek treatment – often thinking that they can handle the problem themselves, or not realizing that treatment is available. Addiction treatment centers, many of the same ones that specialize in drug and alcohol addiction recovery, have the capability to help those suffering from a gambling addiction find solace as they strive to overcome their addiction. It is always best to partner with an addiction treatment facility that has the ability to treat co-occurring disorders and is staffed with a variety of specialists to help administer therapies and group accountability meetings. Aftercare programs are important as well, and alumni groups should be available to help ensure that a former patient is sticking with their road to recovery.