Online gambling is a topic that sets most countries and their legislature on edge. Most countries don’t know what to do with online gambling, or the kasino, as it is known in Finland. In Finland they have done what many countries have been unable to do, and that is having it be completely unregulated. Finland is on the opposite end of the spectrum from France and Denmark and even surpasses the United Kingdom in its liberal laws.The Finland KasinoMany people look at the United Kingdom as the ideal when it comes to online gambling, but many people think that they way that Finland handles the kasino makes more sense. Why not just allow for people to go out and do what they want to do when using the net and not worry about it?It is really difficult for a government to control what their citizens are doing when they are using the web and when you ban something that is on the computer it is very difficult to control. Many countries are learning that is costs more to prohibit the casino than it does to allow it to go on completely legally.Finland has found that its citizens enjoy the kasino and they don’t see any reason for it to stop being in existence. Finns are known to spend more than 50 million annually on the casino, and yet some studies suggest that they have lower incidents of gambling addictions than some other countries where gambling on net is not allowed at all.Having legal access to the kasino makes a lot of people much less likely to over indulge because they know that it is there when they want to play and they don’t have to break the law to play either!While Finland has let things go completely unregulated until now, there has been some noise made about them charging some sort of casino tax. No one knows for sure how this will work exactly, but many other countries, such as the United Kingdom and Italy actually charge casinos a 3% tax and they are able to make millions each year off of the casino.This makes sense as it will allow the Finns to pump money back into their government and into their economy while the people do what they are going to do.Many people wonder why it took Finland so long to figure out that they could actually make money on their unregulated casino laws. They could have been making a lot of money all along, but they were happy just to be hands off and not have all of the headaches that other countries have in regards to their gambling laws, bans, and prohibited game play.As one of the most liberal countries where online gambling is concerned, it should be interesting to see how they evolve over the years and how many other countries follow in their footsteps when they see that it is much more profitable and easier to do business this way.
I don’t mean to be indigent about the matter, but who’s kidding who. We have gambling in virtually every state of the union. Whether it’s the horse race tracks that stretch across the U.S., or the slot machines and poker rooms inside those race tracks, or the casinos on “Riverboats” and Indian Reservations, or just the state sponsored gambling – the lotteries, scratchoffs and PowerBALL!! And, let’s don’t forget those destination Mecca’s of Las Vegas and Atlantic City.I can’t remember the last time I was anywhere in the United States where I could not drive to a major casino within 30 minutes. Yet, we keep living under the illusion that there is something unseemly if not downright immoral about gambling online. Well, it is happening, of course. Every day, all across the U.S., players are getting online and gambling. Whether it’s playing the NFL at their favorite online sports book, or finding a seat in their favorite online poker room, or playing a little blackjack, Americans are on the internet every day playing.So what do we gain out of this charade that gambling shouldn’t be allowed online. One thing we guarantee is that any regulation of it is done somewhere else and, let’s face it, that usually means it’s not done at all. Now I’m not pointing any fingers, but in small island countries where online gambling has become a major part of their economy, don’t we really have the wolves guarding the henhouse.Another thing we get is to let someone other than the United States benefit from all those tax dollars that the regulating country receives. At a time when we have staggering federal deficits, we certainly would want to bring in millions of dollars of tax revenue off of online gaming.Does this remind anyone of anything? I don’t know if you’re watching the new HBO series “Boardwalk Empire.” But, I swear 1920 Atlantic City is difficult to distinguish from 2010 Anywhere USA. No one wanted prohibition more than the bootleggers. The biggest opponents of legalized gambling in the U.S. are those who are doing it offshore and keeping the big Vegas boys out of the business. It’s the wild west out there right now, and it’s about time someone stood up, stopped all the nonsense, and began to tame it.Just when it looked like we were headed in this direction, Congress up and passed the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, which purposes to have banks and financial institutions stop the transfer of funds from your and my banking accounts to offshore casinos. Well, that was a huge setback. A bill has been introduced in Congress to reverse the effect of the UIGEA and allow for online poker rooms to operate in the United States, but this bill did not make it to House floor for a vote in 2009.Gambling is an accepted part of American life. Anyone that tries to tell you otherwise is just kidding you (and maybe themselves). Let’s just get this behind us, acknowledge what already is, and start moving forward with American based online gambling.
Despite the constantly changing minutiae of online gambling laws and their enforcement in the United States, placing wagers online does not violate federal law, at least as long as they’re not sports bets. The problem has been in funding online gambling by US residents.The first step toward above board online gambling is finding a reputable online casino USA players are allowed to participate in. A number of online gambling websites have lists of such sites that they say are legitimate. Visit several gambling websites and review their lists to see which online casinos are consistently rated as friendly to USA players.Your next step is to determine the method or methods you want to use to fund your play at online casinos. There are a number of types of “e-wallets” available to US players. They make their money from the fees that they take for making transactions, and the fees vary from one to another, so it’s a good idea to compare before setting up an account. Here are some of them, in no particular order, and with no particular endorsement.• eWalletXpress – an online account that lets members deposit, withdraw, and transfer funds to participating online merchants instantly.
• Neteller – an online account similar to eWalletXpress
• Wire Transfer (various brands)
• Credit cards – These can by tried, but whether or not payments will go through is a bit of a gamble itself.
• EcoCard, UseMyWallet, Quicktender, and other pre-paid debit cards – payment methods that tend to work well.
• Instant Checks (eChecks) -instant wire transfers directly from your bank accountWhen you find a highly reviewed casino USA players can access, and have established a payment method that works for that casino, it’s a good idea to thoroughly check out the casino before starting an account there. With over 2,500 gambling sites available, you want to separate out those that operate above board from those that won’t pay out or have shady terms and conditions.Find out where the online casino is licensed. This information should be on its “About Us” page, along with information on how long it has been in business, and the software that it uses. You should favor casinos that use software platforms by Microgaming, Real Time Gaming, and Playtech, because these are generally accepted as the fairest platforms, and they have audited payout percentages.Checking out a casino’s general reputation is a matter of reading popular online gaming forums. Look for recent posts. When players have complaints about casinos, they will spell them out on the forums. Keep in mind that you’ll see negative comments on just about all of them. This is normal. You may also see outrageously enthusiastic comments.Sometimes forum comments are made by people with ulterior motives, so it’s a good idea to place less emphasis on the excessively good and excessively bad comments and pay attention to those pointing out specific grievances or specific benefits. Of course, if you see a constant stream of negative comments about an online casino, you should avoid it altogether.By following these guidelines, you’re very unlikely to run afoul of US laws, which are hazy and rarely enforced to begin with, and you’re more likely to have a positive online gaming experience.
Game is a very peculiar side of the human life that has its own laws, which do not fit into the framework of traditional logic. Here reigns His Majesty Chance and everything is relative: the weak can defeat the strong, the cunning can make a fool of himself, the poor can become rich, and vice versa.Gamble opens up new possibilities of the personality, which are often not displayed in ordinary life. Almost everybody wants to get rich at once, without any efforts. Game gives a hope for this, but luck is destiny of the chosen ones.Origins of the game.
Game and gamble has followed the humanity since its first steps. A grain of gamble is evident almost in everything, starting from hunting in the primitive society and up to major financial deals in the 21st century. Elements of game are inherent to many competitions and entertainments, which our forefathers arranged. For example, it is evident in competitions in strength and deftness, which were later transformed into famous tournaments. Later on the first gambling games appeared. They were based on the element of chance, trying one’s destiny.The historians believe that the very first game was casting various stones, shells, animals’ bones – these objects were the prototypes of the dice. Documental evidence of the first games is stored in the British Museum. Among this evidence are dice, made by an unknown Egyptian craftsman from the elephant’s tusk (16th century B.C.) and a board for playing draughts, also called checkers which belonged to the queen Hatchepsut (1600 B.C.).Historical evidence attests that all ancient civilizations played dice. Astragalus,i.e. fetlocks of the animals, were mostly used as dice. The word “astragalus” also referred to tetrahedral bricks with indentations, which more resembled modern dice – hexahedral bricks with somewhat rounded corners, in which the opposite facets, when added up, always amount to seven.In the old days the people played odd and even, cast dice in the circle or threw them, trying to hit certain openings. Dice were also widely used for fortune-telling. It is also interesting that the players treated dice with nearly reverent trepidation, as if the dice were alive: the players talked to them, whispered charms and tried to persuade them to bring victory.Since their emergence dice almost at once became one of the most venturesome gambling games. The players placed everything in their bet: money, things, dwelling and even freedom (ancient Germans who lost in dice humbly became slaves). At the same time there appeared various lawful bans on this seemingly harmless game. For instance, in the 3rd century B.C. the first known in history law against gambling games was adopted. It was called Lex aleatoria (alea means a die).In Ancient Greece there was a legend that the Olympic gods divided the “spheres of influence” by casting lots (Zeus got the Olympus, Poseidon received the ocean, and Hades came to rule the underworld). The laws of Ancient Rome formally forbade gambling games, but there was no specific punishment for violation of the ban. The only “penalty” for the players was the right of the defeated player to reclaim everything he lost, if he though that he was wrongly or unfairly defeated. Officially the games were allowed only once a year, during the Saturnalia (annual festivities in honour of the god Saturn).Throughout the years the significance of the game increased. There appeared new game contrivances, for example cards. Some researchers argue that the first playing-cards appeared in China. In the Chinese dictionary, Ching-tsze-tung (1678), mentions that cards were created in 1120 (according to the Christian chronology), and in 1132 they were already widely used. Cards at those times were long and narrow plates with numbers from 1 to 14 on them. Four suits symbolized four seasons, and the number of cards (52) corresponded to the number of weeks in the year.The prototype of the modern deck of cards is the Tarot cards. The first documentary witness that we know of refers to 1254, when Saint Louis issued an edict that forbade card game within France under the fear of punishment with a whip.Other researchers call Egypt the homeland of cards. The Tarot deck was used for fortune-telling. It had 78 sheets – arkana (22 seniors and 56 juniors). The pictures on the senior arkans correspond to golden tables, which are preserved in the dungeon of the god Tote in Egypt. Their names are as follows: 1. Fool; 2. Magician; 3. Priestess; 4. Hostess; 5. Host; 6. High priest; 7. Lovers; 8. Chariot; 9. Power; 10. Hermit; 11. The wheel of fortune; 12. Justice; 13. The hanged man; 14. Death; 15. Abstinence; 16. Devil; 17. Tower; 18. Star; 19. Moon; 20. Sun; 21. Court; 22. Peace.It is considered that cards reached Europe in the 10-11th century, during the crusades to the Near East. Other argue that the majority of card games were born in France, which is called the homeland of European cards. The first factory-made deck of Tarot cards included 56 cards of four suits (swords, wands, money and cups). Besides there were 22 trump-cards with numbers from 1 to 21. Every card had a name of its own: the emperor, the empress, the nun, the conjurer, the fool etc. Thus, the deck incorporated 97 cards. Gradually it was substituted by new cards, which more closely resembled the modern ones.It is surprising that the symbols of suits and the suits themselves did not change since 15th century. In the Middle Ages card games were very popular among various strata of population, ranging from a king’s court to the common people. By the way, in those times cards were not only a means to beguile the time, but also a symbol of the society structure: hearts embodied the priests, diamonds meant the bourgeoisie, spades represented officers and aristocracy, clubs referred to the peasants.Modern card games (poker, blackjack) arose in the U.S. in the second half of the 19th century. It is difficult to name them all. There are card games for adults and children, games for training logic and wit – and there are games just to beguile the time. The more mature is the individual, the more complex are the games he plays. Having become financially independent, he lets loose his gamble: makes bets, plays in the lotteries, makes bets on the totalizator and finally funds himself in the very temple of game, the casino. Here the individual totally submits to the game, which sharpens his feelings and emotions and makes him forget everything, but the green cloth and roulette wheel. The thirst for such feelings lures again and again those people, who have at least once been in the casino. Meanwhile, the skeptics say: “If you want to win in the casino, buy one of those”.
Basketball sports’ gambling is a game of skill and relies on a great deal of strategy, which must be used in order to win. The challenge is to gather and analyze as much information as you can about a game, weigh the probabilities of each team winning, and subsequently compare your opinion to the odds makers. Make the right judgment and you win. To keep the sports gambling simple and fun I am only going to cover straight bets. When gambling on a basketball game, there are two ways to place a straight bet within that same game. You can either bet the line also known to as the side, or how many points will be scored in the basketball game also known as the total.The Straight Bet is betting in its most basic form, which allows you to bet at given odds, upon a winner. The Point Spread can bet on one of two selections that have been equated through the allocation of suitable points. In the Point Spread the number of allocated points are shown with a + sign for the favorable side and a – sign for the underdog. In order that the better wins, the favored team must win by more than the Point Spread. On the flip side, if a bet has been placed on the underdog, that team has to lose by less than the Point Spread for the better to win.Example:Detroit-8.0Seattle196In this example, Seattle is the favored team to win the basketball game by at least 8 points. The underdog team is Detroit, where the listed total for the contest is placed at 196. If you take a straight bet on Seattle, you are betting that Seattle will win by at least by 8 points. Conversely, if you bet on Detroit, you are betting that even if they do not win the game, Seattle will not win by as many as 8.0 points. Say the final score was:Seattle 100Detroit 98If you bet on Seattle, you would have lost, because they did not win by at least 8 points. All of these sports gambling sites offer some sort of bonus for you to do your betting online with them. They are not the outrageous bonuses that you may hear about, but are adequate to start you out. You have to be careful about sportsbooks that offer the unbelievable bonus deals because they may not be able to stay around for the long haul. In most of the sports gambling sites, if you wagered $100 on Seattle, your loss would be $100. On the other hand, if you wagered on Detroit, you would have risked the same $110 to win $100. In other words you are laying 11 to win 10. The odds in the sportsbooks are listed in this manner: 10/11. The left-hand side of the backslash is what you stand to win and the right-hand side is the number you risk losing.In this basketball game, there was a total of 198 points scored. This exceeded the total of 196 that was predicted by the lines makers, so the game went Over. If less than 196 combined points was scored in the game, the game will have gone Under. On total points at most sportsbooks, once again, the odds are 11/10.The loser pays more than the sportsbook pays to the winner is the net profit that the sportsbook would make. This is called the juice. When looking for a sports gambling site you should look for a small juice.
A line movement in any direction indicates which team that the people are betting more on. Sports gambling sites will move the line in either direction to try and entice a bettor to bet on the side that is needed to even out the amount wagered on both sides of the game. This is way the sportsbook makes its money on the juice and do not let movements in the line influence your betting. You do not want to place your wagers with a sportsbook that does not move its line, because you would then be dealing with a sportsbook that is gambling and that is poor money management by that sportsbook.The sports gambling sites at http://www.SportsGambling4Fun.com are some of the best sports gambling sites to place a basketball bet with.
With the thousands of online gambling operations running worldwide, and the 12 billion dollar industry it has become, I ask the question: Is there more room for government run online gambling operations?In early 2009, the British Columbia government attempted to bring a new online betting operation online to help bring in additional income for the local and provincial economy. On their second day of being online, they became victims to a group of computer hackers who exploited a security breach, compromising the entire operation. Their second day online would be the first and last day for this government run venture into the online gambling world.With what we learned from this experience, the OLG (Ontario Lottery & Gaming Corporation) has plan to launch its own gaming platform for public use in late 2012. Will the OLG use more diligence to protect the integrity of their operation as well as the privacy of the public, who ultimately are the ones who will determine if this sinks or swims. Only time will tell if the OLG will successfully launch the first Canadian government run online gambling website.After thinking about this for many hours now, I am still not sure how I feel about a Government Run internet betting website. At the casino, at least I can see people actually winning big jackpots and such. In an virtual betting environment, I would be concerned about the fairness of the games, and I much prefer the atmosphere of being there and the excitement of winning.
If there is one thing that prevents people from trying online gambling, it is the fear of cyber crimes and thefts. However, just like traditional casinos, online gaming sites are stringent when it comes to security measures. Most popular online betting sites and casinos make sure that their players and systems are protected against hackers and other Internet criminals. But since the lack of security and safety is no longer a big issue, many people will realize that online gaming has a lot of attractions and advantages. Below are just some of them.Multitasking is something that you cannot do in conventional casinos in Las Vegas and other gambling locations. You cannot be playing poker and at the same time try your luck in the slot machines. But online, you can play several games simultaneously. In fact, you can even play while working in your home or watching television. Work at home moms who want to have a break from a grueling day can even play online poker or cyber slot machines anytime. In fact, even seniors who want to have a hobby can also participate in online games and sports betting.Ease of payment is another reason why online gambling is becoming more popular. Aside from making it easier for customers to pay their bets online, operators of gaming and sports betting sites have also made it easy for winners to claim prizes and collect money. More often than not, a credit card is just what you need in order to participate in online casinos. If you do not like to use your credit card, there are other online money transfer options that make Internet gambling safer. You have a lot of choices on how you can claim your prizes online. Some prefer to have their winnings credited to their credit cards, while others prefer money transfers. Whatever payment mode you choose, it will surely be a lot easier and more convenient than going to the bank or collecting your winnings in person.Lastly, your anonymity and privacy are protected in online gambling. Although there are VIP rooms in conventional casinos and gaming stations where you can have your privacy, you can never be completely anonymous in a crowded casino or poker room. However, in online casinos, you do not need to let any player know your real name or identity.
If you are new to the world of sports online gambling you may find it easy to become overwhelmed. All professional gamblers were in your shoes at one time or another. Without proper guidance the fact of the matter is you will not consistently win your bets. The good news is there are many resources that can help you achieve the know how required to make a successful living off of sports online gambling. Here are 5 tips to get you started.1. Learn the basics. If you don’t know the difference between a point spread and a parlay you may have some trouble breaking into this world. There is a ton of info online aimed at beginners to get them started. Take advantage of this.2. Gamble responsibly. The advent of online gambling has also lead to an increase in gambling addiction. Until you have a very solid system in place, remember why you started doing this in the first place, to have fun.3. Develop or obtain a system. Every professional gambler uses a system. The key to any good system is maximizing wins and minimizing losses. It may take years to develop a good system yourself, but many pros have already done the work for you and are willing to sell you their system. Often times, buying these are well worth it when you consider the price is what you would spend on a few bets.4. Bet with your head, not with your heart. One of the biggest mistakes made over and over again by newcomers to sports online gambling is betting on favorite teams, or a team they saw put a great performance in, on television the week before. One way to combat this is to just not bet when your team is playing if you have a hard time betting against them.5. Make friends. Many types of gambling take place in public settings with many other people around. Casinos, horse tracks, these places give you instant camaraderie with like minded souls. When it comes to sports online gambling you are often alone. Reach out to other people with similar hobbies, whether it be in real life or through online forums. Not only will you learn a lot but it will help to have someone who understands when you take a tough loss, or better when you land a huge win.
Money management is an important aspect of online gambling. Since, there are innumerable risks involved in the field of casino gambling, one needs to be careful. In fact, it has emerged as one of the most bantered term in this domain. Moreover, without money, no matter how indomitable the player is, he does not stand a chance. But then, managing money over here is not that easy as it sounds. One needs to have* Strategy
* Self controlThe term “money management” has different interpretations for different gamblers. For some, it means the bankroll management for increasing one’s longevity at the table but for others, it’s a certain kind of betting strategy which decreases the edge of house advantage. Numerous books and articles for casino games have been inked for this subject. But most of the times, all of them reveal the same theories and tactics. At times, for those players who are about to set their first foot forward, these articles act as warnings rather than guides. So, here is a very fundamental revelation of the need of money management and the tricks to adopt for it. Need of money management”Who cares?” Even those who are filthy rich cannot afford to think so, in terms of online gambling, which has mercilessly devastated thousand of gamblers. No doubt, online gambling is an addiction, but at the same time, intelligence and wise betting aid in extra income.Unlike lottery, no one transforms into a millionaire within a single night, at online gambling. It’s more similar to stock exchange and sports betting. Luck cannot be the only aid to depend upon. Moreover, defeating the housing advantage is quite tricky. After all, in online gambling there are no opponents who can be scrutinized, followed and tricked. Every game is a new challenge. Ignorance and lack of proper money management have led to stupendous failures for outstanding gamblers. For those, who had adopted online gambling as their only profession, this failure has doomed them to utmost degree of bankruptcy. Generally, gamblers donot indentify the grave consequences, which occur after the incessant losses.Gamblers might not win a losing bet by having more money but they definitely can play for longer bets, thereby compensating their earlier loses. With money, the online gamblers also have the sense of security and thus, they can delve into more risk cycles.But before starting with any online casino game, the gamblers should know the following answers.* The amount that can be spent before calling off the game: The gamblers should only bet as much as they can afford to lose. It takes only a second to transform into a panicked gambler, who is engrossed in recouping losses by taking wild odds.
* The amount that can be accepted before calling off the game: Logging off from the casino site as a winner, too, demands self control. One has to be reasonable enough to prevent oneself from further paroxysms of temptations.This is the most basic fundamental of money management. Until and unless, these two basic judgments are not made by the gambler, in advance, he might end up losing all his financial assets. Understanding constancy of house edgeThe entire concept that betting system can affect the house advantage is mere fallacy. It’s similar to making the payment of mortgage o double basis rather than per month. This will in no way affect the interest. In the same manner, doubling the amount of a single bet and escaping one bet, might not make a lot of difference. The fundamentals of money managementThe entire aim of money management strategies and techniques is to enhance the earnings of the online casino player. This also works for lessening the house advantage for the online players, without increasing the risk cycles.But at the same time, here are a few facts which justify losses in spite of flawless usage of money management.* The strategy does not make you the indisputable winner of every table or card game. It just maximizes your winnings and reduces your loss.
* Bad play of bad luck cannot be compensated by the usage of flawless management strategies.
* Always remember that the House Advantage has ample strategies to wear out the gamblers who might have been using goal based money management strategies.Some disastrous additions to managing strategies* Double after losing bets: Few casino experts believe that this might, somehow, lessen your losses. But then, if main trouble initiates when the number of lost bets increases. No doubt, such big losses cannot be recovered.
* Double after winning bets: This is also known as let-it-ride technique. This strategy confirms that the biggest loss occurs at player’s highest bet, which indeed is not an intelligent decision.Some important tips for money management are as follows* Do not invest your entire bank roll for just one session of online gambling. It’s advisable to divide one’s bankroll on the basis of gambling sessions. This prevents the obsessive addition of tomorrow’s money into today’s investment.
* The entire winning goal should be set up, as to how much, is the maximum necessity to win in a particular gamble. In case, the player has impressive winning, he should set aside his winnings and divided bankroll for the day, so that maximum earnings can be assured.
* A predetermined percentage for increase should be set in advance for every bet. This strategy is known as method of progressive winning.
* Do not increase the bet amount when one has been recently nabbed with losses.
* Be disciplined. It’s the most crucial and important part of proper money management.
* Select the advantageous gambling opportunities, be it, recognizing the odd bets, playing conditions or game rules.
* Winning streaks do not occur every day. So one should not end the rare magical moment by quitting the hands.The unfortunate sin in Online Gambling, is the aimless pursuit of chasing one’s losses. This baseless hope means that the next bet might lead to the winning streak and the lost money can be recovered in one go. Winning or losing is not in one’s hand, but definitely limiting one’s respective losses is.Most of the online casino players, who have had continuous winning streaks, might ignore the house advantage. This should never be done as it’s a mere disillusion rather than reality.Finally, one needs to realize that there won’t be scarcity of online casinos in the coming future but, if one does not adopt a potential money management practice, there would definitely be scarcity of one’s hard earned money.
The Super Bowl is just days away which means you’re already starting to hear things like “take the points,” “I like the under,” and “always go with the chalk.” For the uninitiated, them ‘re gambling terms. Here’s a quick rundown of things you should know about football gambling and the Super Bowl:Pittsburgh -7: that means Pittsburgh is favored by 7 points. If you bet Pittsburgh, they must win by more than 7. On the flipside, that means Arizona is +7. Bet Arizona and it’s like getting a 7-point lead to start the game. And if the game end 24-17 in favor of Pittsburgh? That’s called a “push,” and everyone gets their original bet back.O/U 46.5: that means the “over” is 46.5 points (also called the “under” or the “total”). If you think the COMBINED score will be more than 46.5 points, you would bet the over. Bet the under is you think the total will be less than 46.5 points. “Juice” on the two types of wagers above is the percentage you pay the casino/bookie/guy down the street, and it’s typically 10%. That means if you bet $110, you will lose $110 or win $100. That’s why gambling is impossible.Most betting on football games is made against the spread (the + or – number) or on the total (over/under), but there are plenty of other ways to wager. The money line is another common wager. In this case, all you need to do is pick the winning team, but you pay a premium for taking the favorite and get paid handsomely for choosing the underdog. If the money line on a game is -320, that means you have to bet $320 just to win $100 on the favored team. The opposite end of that is a “+” number, usually 10, 20, or even many points lower, such as +300. That means betting $100 on the underdog will pay you $300 if they win the game. Since there is no built in “juice” on this type of wager, that 20-point difference between -320 and +300 is how the bookie makes his money.Parlays, teasers, and other wagers are available too, but if you are reading this post because you need an intro to gambling, you don’t need to worry about those just yet. Lose your money slowly before you learn ways to lose it faster.Common gambling terminology:”Take the points” – bet on the underdog.”The chalk” – the favored team (you’ll also hear “give the points” from someone liking the favorite).”The hook” – the half point that cost you a gambling win. When you take the under in Sunday’s game and the final score is 27-20, you can tell people you lost by the hook. Then you’ll receive a fake wince from your friend and a “go get ’em next time” pat on the back.”Props”- propositions, or those goofy bets predominantly found in the Superbowl, like betting on the coin toss, or who will score more – the Cardinals on Sunday or LeBron James in his basketball game on Sunday.